Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
angler903

redwood falls ramsey creek trout?

3 posts in this topic

just curious, do they stock trout above the falls, below or both. And do any trout make it through the summer? If anyone has info on what works to catch them, I AM NOT TOO FAMILIAR WITH TROUT FISHING AND WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT

THANKS

I used to live in that area and always heard there were trout stocked but never any reports of anyone catching any.. I always went to St. Peter to fish trout

I have fished them. Not alot I might add but have done it. I believe that they stock above the falls and then a couple miles upstream of the falls on Co rd #17 just west of Redwood Falls. I have caught them above and below the falls so you could try either. The biggest I have saw caught was around 3# and that was next to the Ramsey cr bridge in the park. Good luck and report your findings please...I would love to hear about it!

I would also add that I always fished with light spinning gear....small mepps spinners.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• merc
      What do you think Smurfy? No answer maybe we better send out a search party.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      A good ice fishing suit ( ice armor, striker gear etc) or waders just put layers underneth. That's what I would do.
    • Jonny 2 shot
      I hear ya on the ice safety.  I am trying to plan appropriately for possibly fishing in 3-6" of standing water.   Thanks guys!    
    • Royal_Dutchman
      Hey guys!  Just started the a topic discussion for the Rainy River Conditions.  I did check the river today and there is some open water east of Birchdale Landing and posted some pictures of that Landing and Franz Jevne.  Thanks!
    • Royal_Dutchman
      February 23rd, 2017:
         I went and checked the river just before 9:00 am this morning.  The river is open just east of Birchdale with only a narrow spot open.  East of Franz Jevne (about 2 miles east of Birchdale) the River is almost completely open with some shore ice.  The temperature was 19 degrees and it looks like we are suppose to stay below freezing until Sunday with a high of 32 degrees and then it will get cold again.  It is hard to say how the river will open this year with cold weather coming again but here is what it looked like this morning.  Depending on the weather we may not go and check the river again until Monday sometime.   Where you can see pavement is the Birchdale Landing and the other access is at Franz Jevne: