Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dilleyo

LITTLE LONG LAKE

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the ice is off this lake yet? It is in Minnetrista, I think. I was thinking of trying it this weekend and live in Woodbury and can't just drive over and look for myself. Thanks in advance.

i would think so, as the ice is off most all of the lakes in the metro from what i have noticed, including all the water on tonka. i may be wrong!

Little long was the first lake I got out on this year, was open over a week ago.

Do you ever have any luck with crappies on this lake?

According to the DNR, there aren't any crappies in there. I might give it a try on Sunday if I can get away for a little bit. Thanks for the info about the ice. I ice fished it once this winter and caught the smallest perch I have ever caught and a lot of potato chip sunnies. I dropped the camera down and saw a sunken dock straight out from the launch in about 20ft of water. It was kinda funny too, because there was a toilet on it sitting upright even! There were a lot of tiny sunnies under it also.

Yea I dont know of any crappies coming out of there, must not be in there, but there is a few nice size sunnies in there, but finding them can be almost impossible some days. This lake is so much different from other lakes I fish, I just cant figure fish out period in this lake. Giant pike also leark the deep, clear water, probablly eat trout.

You can see my extended post about this lake in a different thread that I made today (can't remember which thread, myabe you can search for it).

There are a few crappies in Little Long, but only a few, and they are small. I definitely would not go there if crappies are what you want. It's a good pike lake, and not bad for bass. Very clear, deep, cold, etc.

Please CPR all larger bass+pike.

-Doug