Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNice

Crappie Tourney near New Prague

4 posts in this topic

Crappie tournament

When: Saturday April 28

Where: South access Cedar Lake. Just off hwy 13, across from St. Patrick

Time: Fishing time is from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Registration: Must register by 9:00 AM day of tourney, or stop by Simon's Sportsman’s bar in New Prague, or call Simon’s @ 952-758-3322

Fee: $50.00 per boat, two anglers per boat.

Prizes: Based on 60 boats, prizes will be adjusted if less than 60 boats. 1st. place $500, 2nd $350, 3rd $250, 4th $150, 5th $75. 6th through 10th $50, largest fish $50.

This tournament is sponsored by the New Prague Sportsman’s club. Scoring is determined by total pounds of 15 fish, a complete set of rules will be available at the access. I am the secretary/treasure of the club and will be issuing checks to the winners after the tourney.

Special thanks to Rick & Fishing MN for letting me post this here!!

Isn't this the same day as the Minnetonka contest?

confused.gif

Yes. I would rather fish a smaller tournament then a zoo like the Tonka. If I didn't have a boat I would fish the Tonka tourny though.

To the top. Due to a change in my schedule, I will not be there at the end to present checks, but someone will take care of that for me. Thanks and good luck to all!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• TNtoMN_HuntFish
      In no way am I trying to fire up a catch and release vs catch and grease fight.  Admins, please delete any comments like that. I am curious about everyone's thoughts and knowledge on mercury in fish.    It seems Walleye are always the riskiest fish to eat via DNR and MDH surveys but I know the fishing for eyes is such a tradition up here. A lot of walleye are eaten in Minnesota every year as well as Pike and Bass which also can be high in mercury because they are high on the food chain. Does anyone worry about it or is this something that is overhyped? I'm a bit careful where I fish because my wife is pregant and I don't want her eating too much mercury. I'm still kinda new to the state so I trust the knowledge of locals more so than DNR in a lot of situations.    For example, in TN (where I moved from) our DNR says do not eat ANY fish from the Mississippi river. I'd say it's pretty nasty by the time it gets that far south but there are river rats as far down as Louisiana eating catfish and bass all year long and you don't hear of them dying from mercury poisoning or having other effects of it. At least not thay I've heard or read.    I'm very curious to know your opinions on the matter. I don't catch many walleye anyway but I do love eating Pike and other fish. It's so satisfying to work hard for a fresh meal but do I have to continue to be super cautious of what lakes I eat a Pike from? Seems like the closer to the metro, the more dangerous it can be...or is it? Some of the huge lakes up North are full of mercury too. 
    • Mossy19
      Well it end up being 2 broken live well pumps being broken.  The pumps would pump water into the live wells but also be spraying water into the back compartment of the boat.  That's where my water was coming from.  I would like to thank those that replied suggestions back.
    • HugeHogChaser
    • BringAnExtension
    • h8go4s
      This one? http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/lake.html?id=31065300   Everything you need to know, paid for by your tax dollars.
    • Juan Grande
      What's the flow like on the Rum, Moose?
    • Avid Angler
      Hi guys and gals,   Does anyone know much about this lake? I don't fish this area of the state. We are looking to stay at Cedar Point Resort for a week. Just want to get to know the lake for what it is.   Is it a bass, northern, pan fish or walleye lake? Or all of the above? The surveys don't look that impressive.   Any good guides in the area?   Thanks.   Avid
    • portageguy
      The bite is on in Trout lake. Remote lake walleye fishing has been good. A leech or crawler has  been producing nice fish. This last week Trout lake has been good for lake trout, walleye and bass. A camper had caught and released a 44 inch pike. Bass fishermen reported 100 fish days.   The Y-store is looking into taking on BWCA permits. Please encourage and support them to do so. 
    • delcecchi
      On many lakes it is possible to rent a boat for a reasonable price.  Or to hire a guide who knows the area and the lakes. 
    • Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle of Lake of the Woods!

Here in Minnesota, water temps are in the low to mid 60’s and the Walleyes keep rollin’ in! Wind blown shorelines are giving up walleyes via leeches and crank-baits right along the weed line. Crawlers on a gold and/or orange spinner are producing fish out of the mud between 22 and 26 feet. Jigging has been tough this week with the strong winds, but the Mayflies have finally tapered off!!

Up on the Canadian side, bottom bouncing has been filling the live wells outside of monument bay between 24-28 feet.  Jigging near Skeet and Kennedy Islands have seen nice sized walleye and numerous perch. Great smallmouth action can currently be had in Tranquil channel and the mouth of Johnston passage. Muskie fishing is still sporadic with high 40” class fish being caught from shallow bottom bays or just outside of them. 

Fish of the Week:
      49" and 46" Muskie
      40" Pike
      At least 10 Walleye over 25" 

We hope to see you soon! Sunset Lodge