Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparcebag

Computer Question

6 posts in this topic

Heres my computer knowledge out in the open! I'm an trying to type a letter,print it and save it.I have no idea how to start! what do I open to type a letter on my Dell?

I use Microsoft Word.

That would be a good answer if he has Microsoft Office software. I believe most Dell systems come equipped with Microsoft operating systems and included in the package is Microsoft Works. This software does have a word processor. I believe Microsoft Windows also comes with Wordpad and/or Notepad pretty much standard both of which could also be used.

Bob

sparcebag, Since I have a Hotmail email address, here's what I would do. Go to Hotmail and click on "new msg." When it comes up,click on the body of the message area and go ahead and type your letter. If this is going to be a business letter, you will have to type in the business address and salutation in the body of the letter. If it's an email, enter the email address in the first or "to" line. Don't forget to enter the subject in the "Subject" line. After you have completed everything to your satisfaction, go up and click on "Save Draft." Then you can access your complete letter at any time by clicking in your mail menu on "Drafts." Your letter,complete with address, will be brought up for you to Print or whatever. Your letter will stay in "Drafts" until you choose to delete it so you could pull it up any time you felt like it. There! Simple and easy! Even for the cyber-disadvantaged guy's like you and me, eh? Good luck! grin.gif 1DIRTBALL wink.gif

tHANKS EVERY ONE! i NOW KNOW 3 WAYS TO WRITE A LETTER!!Save Print! Great!

google has an online word processor also.

Or you can download open office.

Now you have 5 ways. tongue.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Crappie222
      Hey what's a good place to do some trout fishing around the cloquet area. I stopped at otter and tried today didn't even get a bite is it still to early?
    • Huntin&Fishin
      Nope. Was waiting for more responses. I checked the dnr netting scedule and varied it was not them.
    • Cobber
    • Rick
      Private landowners interested in learning more about managing their woodlands for habitat and income can attend a low-cost workshop and field tour from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 6, at the Cohasset Community Center at 3rd St. NW, Cohasset. The Itasca County Private Woodlands Committee is hosting the workshop with assistance from the Department of Natural Resources Cooperative Forest Management (CFM) program. The workshop aims to educate landowners about timber management and how to thoughtfully and purposely harvest trees to create better wildlife habitat and generate income from a timber sale. Woodland owners can also learn about options for enrolling in a tax incentive program to reduce property taxes. The day will begin indoors with a series of educational sessions about managing forests to benefit a variety of wildlife, working with a consulting forester to write a stewardship plan, the mechanics of a timber sale, and how to contract with a qualified logger. After lunch, participants will board busses for an afternoon tour of different sites to see first-hand the differences in unmanaged and managed timber, and previously cut timber in various stages of regeneration. “Our last workshop this winter in Palisade had over 100 attendees and we are anticipating strong interest in the Grand Rapids area, too,” said Grand Rapids area CFM Forester, Josh Donatell. “Over the last 20 years, there has been a decline in timber harvest from private lands. This program helps restore lost habitat on private land as well as promote a more stable supply of wood and fiber for the timber industry.” Pre-registration is required. The $20 cost includes lunch and field tours. Participants should dress appropriately for outdoor weather and wear sturdy shoes or boots. Anyone interested in attending or registering can contact Josh Donatell by email at josh.donatell@state.mn.us, or by phone at 218-328-8912. An agenda can be viewed online at www.dnr.state.mn.us/woodlands/workshop.html.   Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • SpearPike