Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JustinG

YO GREAT OUTDOORS!!!!!

5 posts in this topic

Hey Jim,

Did you have anybody stop in for minnows this weekend and head out ice fishing??? I was just wondering how this ice is holding up?? I went to Gander this weekend and blew about $400 on a new Lowrance H20C GPS unit with the Lakemaster chip for Minnesota. I will have to drop by and let you check it out...It will be quite the gadget for hunting lakers on Burntside next year! smile.gif Anyhow, let me know how the ice is holding up...I just might go after some crappies this week if the weather holds out.

Later,

Justin

Justin,

The ice seems to be holding out, but no one is fishing. Not that I can blame them with the wind and cold weather. A person may be able to squeak out some crappie fishing on the ice for another week. I'll be at the shop from 8-1 the next few days, cleaning the tank and charcoal, preparing for a new season. We should have fresh bait in and be operating within 10 days, and continue, for the most part, until the end of the month. Will take off April 26-30th to go to the lake home and cabin show at the Mpls. Convention Center. After that, shop open and doing construction projects. Stop in whenever the truck or car is there. smile.gif

went sledding friday afternnoon left from shags to burntside

good ice yet , except the usual spots on burnt, was open at the beginning

of dead river going into twin,stopped at little long ,few guys were out fishing

there was a good 17 inches, rode on vermilion saturday went to the down to

the landing , open spots oak narrrows and around a few islands lakes

were nice for riding!!

Ok Dude.

Let me know if your interested in going out for some Crappies later this week. We are getting pretty well caught up at work and I might just be able to disappear for a day later in the week. grin.gif

Take Care,

Justin

Hey, Thanks for the report Shiek!!!

Justin