• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Fishing Quotes

"Three things montanta men r never late for....Work, Church, and Fishing"-Paul maClean, A river run through it..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott M

• Harmonica Bear

• FL SNIPER

• DonBo

Well I loved her, but I loved to fish. Spend all day out on that lake and hell is all I'd catch. Today she met me by the door and said I'd have to choose. If I hit that fishing hole today she'd be packin all her things and be gone by NOON........Well I'MMMMMMMMMM gonna miss her.. Thank you Brad Paisley! For Three divorces!

Well here's another day of successful fishing, no fish to clean!

Boats on the trailer, trailers on the truck, walleye's are a bitin, wish me luck!

grin.gif

Quote:

Chigger with gold teeth when snagged on bottom:

This fish is so big it's taking a rest...I'm taking a rest...were both just taking a rest...ah man whew ha ha ha.

"If you want to go fishing, don't work in the fishing industry" -Jeremy Smith

"Crappies! You wasted the whole day on Crappies! Nobody will drive to Waskish to fish Crappies! - KellyP to young Jonny 1986

Dude, they'll bite on that. - Steve Jonesi

Those are probably the best right there, that chigger video might be the funniest video Ive seen in a long time! " there all scared" " I like to fish deep... sometimes 3-400'" "uhhohhh waterpatrol.. I always scare those water patrol guys"

The pastor at my church said this once on opening weekend. They was a large number of woman in church without their husbands it was assumed they were all fishing. So he said the following

"It is better that your men are on a lake fishing and thinking about god than in church thinking about fishing"

I have never forgot that one I figure it is a good motto to live by.

I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks.

My dad used to nail me with the "Are you here to fish or are you here to dance". This was when I would get restless in the boat at a young age.

When waking me up before sunrise to fish, my dad would say "Wake up, the birds are singing and the fish are farting".

My grandpa used to measure fish on his arm. He would stick out his arm and point at his elbow "The northern was this long". He said then you "couldn't just estimate by holding your hands apart".

And, one more...a real old timer quote. "Are you gonna fish with that or just knock apples out of the trees?" My grandpa told my grandma that once when she was fishing with her cane pole.

Hey i got a fish stick! (after snagging a branch.)

I'll catch the fish you catch the salad. (my brother after i brought up a wad of weeds.)

If God had meant for man to be totally truthful, He never would have created fish.

My all time qoute related to fishing:

Dad wake up its time to GO FISHING.

or from my brother while fishing in 3 foot rollers on Mille Lacs, "RAAALPH"

When I got back into fishing I had a friend tell me "you can't catch anything if you don't leave the line in the water" I was casting and retreiving, I cast out the spinner hit the water and was hit by a northern right away. My response was "how many you got"

Quote:

I only fish on days that end in "Y".

That's odd I only drink on days that end in "Y". wink.gif

Now if I can only get in that much fishing...hmmmm.

My favorite is "should have been here yesterday".

"Any minute now"

or just leaving the lake, "we should be there now".

A quote from dad ice fishing, "if you see bubbles come up, that means a fish burped, and, now he has more room for food, get ready"

Get ready! yeah right, I was waiting for a hour and nothing, followed by the "any minute now". confused.gifgrin.gif

I really enjow this topic.

Mine would have to be, "One more cast". Then it's always 20 casts later before you have to go in.

I'll always remember my dad saying:

"Whoever catches the last fish is the champ"

and somehow I always caught the last one even though he outfished me 10 to 1.

He still says it to this day (and still out fishes me! blush.gif)

I was listening to a couple fisherman talk about Al Lindner. Someone else asked, "Who the h*** is Al Lindner?" One of the fisherman responded, "Who the h*** is Abe Lincoln?"

Back when I was a younger hooligan, a friend and I were bringing about 9 carp up the hill from the river at the Rapidan Dam, for transplantation into the Mankato State University fountain, when we came across a couple of men who were apparenly recent arrivals to America. They sincerely asked, "What kind of fish are those?" They asked the wrong guys, "WALLEYES!" we told them. They seemed to buy that.

I overheard a seemingly novice ice-fisherman chatting up an old-timer say, "I hear they start biting at 4:00." The old-timer, sitting on a bucket, grumbled, "I haven't caught one yet that was wearing a wrist-watch."

Just thought of another one. My dad was ice-fishing when a friend, who had arived separately noticed him. The friend zipped his Korean war issue parka hood around his face and snuck up to my dad with his auger in ready position and said, "Move your foot."

When my fishing partner (to this day) and I were real young we made a rookie mistake. He had a big fish on close to shore and I said "Horse it in!"...he tried and his line broke...so to this day when one of us has a nice fish on we always jokingly say "Horse it in!".

"I knew we should have went to ----- Lake their not bitting here."

***1) My friend while trolling on the flats on Mille Lacs (Big 22' boat and windy).

Me: "hows that gas situation..."

My friend: "We have plenty of gas."

30 mins later the kicker dies and we are calling for a tow on the marine radio because all three of us left our cell phones on shore.

***2) Opener on Vermilion a few years ago (camping on an island).

Me (15 min to midnight): "Lets get going..."

My buddy (running): " (yelling)Get over here...were not going anywhere...the boats under water!" shocked.gif

Me: "Oh Sh!T"

Then I watch him get into the freezing cold water to see if the plug was in....and it was! LOL

Years and years ago when a buddy and I would paddle around the lily pads and cast plastic frogs for bass, there was a time when we hadnt had a bite for a while and him or I said "Jeez, fishin's kinda slow", and within 15 seconds one of us got a fish. Sometime that same day it was slow again so one of us piped up: "man, fishin's kinda slow", and again another fish.

We still say that to this day when fishin's kinda slow, but we've found it doesnt work as well when you force it.

Just remembered my brother and I ice fishing on Mille Lacs the day the great bite of the year ended. After three hours of no bites he turns, punches me in the shoulder, and says "Way to go Shlep Rock"

Sometimes one guy catches all of the fish and of course the conversation goes something like this: How deep are you? Same as you. What colr are you using? Same as you. What size minnow? Same as you. What size hook? Same as you. Dang, here I thought it was something special not just the same stuff I've been using.

I was running low on waxies this winter and asked Ole Matty for a few. His reply, "FIVE BUCKS!" So the ongoing joke now for any borrowed item is 5 bucks.

Tunrevir~ grin.gif

First fish,biggest fish,most fish.Thats when the first fish comes in.Oh yea and ..."I think the rain is letting up".......Wrong....