Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JEH_FISH

Stream temps 4/7/07

5 posts in this topic

Sat out in front of the french for a while on sat. It was pretty slow, only had one bite. Checked the temp in the river and it was at 33*.

Then went up to the sucker and seen a few loopers swimming up river, but had no luck either. The temp there was about the same 33*.

When do you guys think the streams will heat up and the fishing will get HOT???

Josh

Thats pretty simple isnt it? When we get some warm weather and a warm rain or two. Snow and freeezing temps dont make for great fishing and smelting conditions. Im saying a couple weeks. Looks like no warm temps til next week up here.

I wonder how the stream trout opener will be with the water so cold. confused.gif

Yeah, obviously better weather is a huge factor.

I remember years past I was stream fishing by this point. Last year the best week for me was the third of April. My guess this year would also be at least a week, maybe two.

Got nothin else to do today but read posts and tie flies.

Josh

Yea I was at the lester sat and got a reading of 35, went up to the french and had one koho on and seen one looper cought all day pretty slow frown.gif Prey for some warm rain !!! blush.gif