Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Cranker

Roach To Give Fishing Seminar In Perham, Mn

2 posts in this topic

HotSpotOutdoors and Fishing Minnesota would like to invite all you fisherman and fisherwomen to The Cactus Resort and RV Park in Perham, Minnesota for a fishing seminar with host Mr. Walleye Specialties Pro Staff Guide... Tony Roach.

Many of you may have seen or heard Tony's seminars before at Gander Mountian, Cabela's or Sportmans Warehouse Stores or at the sports shows in the twin cities.

Tony grew up in northern Minnesota where he has been a fishing professional for over a decade now. With Tony's last name being Roach, you just know that Tony is a library of fishing knowledge! Gary Roach(Mr. Walleye)and the Roach family are icons in the fishing industry.

Tony has competed in tournaments all across the Midwest and offers a vast varity of fishing knowledge of multi species when it comes to fishing. Tony has a passion for fishing and hunting and that is why he is considered one of the states best fishing guides! Tony's other passion is sharing his knowledge of fishing and hunting with others like us. He is considered a great teacher of fishing and of the outdoors.

Take advantage of this great opportunity before the open water season starts. Only 300 seats are available so please send an e-mail to jimmccrank@comcast.net to reserve your seat. Again this is a free seminar but seating is limited.

Tony will talk about early panfishing on lakes and rivers. Rigging and jiggin for walleyes. Different spring fishing tactics. And the most important subject, boat control!

I promise you that you will leave this seminar with some new knowledge that you didn't know before. So come and join us on April 29th at The Cactus Resort & RV Park Banquet Room at 2pm

Take Hwy 10, 8 miles north of New York Mills (Home of Lund Boats!) Take the second exit in Perham, Mn. The Cactus Resort & RV Park facility is on the south side of Hwy 10. Across the Hwy fom the water tower.

The seminar by Tony Roach is totally free! Sponsored by HotSpotOudoors and Fishing Minnesota. The date again is Sunday April 29th at 2pm at The Cactus Resort & RV Park Banquet Facilty. Limited seating!

Please contact "The Cranker" at jimmccrank@comcast.net to assure your seat.

Fish On!!!

Walleye Seminar with Tony Roach:

Bait Presentation And Boat Control for Better Results

A. Intro.

- Snell knots and leaders

- Line choices

- fluorocarbons

- mono vs. braided

B. Bait presentation

- Tackle selection

- Leader adjustment

- Quick change

- Proper weight size

C. Seasonal Location

- Water temp

- Pick 5 (doing your homework)

- Wind & Weather patterns

- Points & Breaks

- Weed Lines/ Weed Walleyes

D. Boat Control

- Using the wind to your advantage

- Speed

- Back trolling vs. Foreword trolling

- Drift Socks

- size selection

- Applications drift or trolling

E. Entro.

- Keeping it simple

- Importance of getting kids on the water today

- Question and Answers

I have quit a few people signed up already. Thank you to those people who have called or e-mailed me. We still have room for more of you. We hope to see you there at The Cactus in Perham, Mn

Fish On!!!