Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jigging wader

Crappie reports chisago lakes area ?

jigging wader

Anything hittin yet? do we need it to warm yet?

Deitz Dittrich

i bet they are out there to catch!.. but I am not!... Way Way way to much warmer open water to be had this year. I dontwant to sound like a wimp or anything, the temps are not horrible, but the winds are.

Dan Brelje

I will agree about the winds. Lets just say the run for today was not too fun.

rockingroy

I think the spring crappie catch this year will be severely affected by the weather as it was last year. When it gets cold right after ice out the spring crappie catch never really recovers. That's just my experience, maybe better fishermen can still find them but I think this weather will be a detriment. I've heard the best crappie fishing is right after ice out, I've also heard the best crappie fishing is when the water temp is at 55 degrees, but it's been my experience that if those two events are more than 2 weeks apart the crappie fishing in the shallows never really peaks. What do the rest of you think?

SupaMan

Quote:

I think the spring crappie catch this year will be severely affected by the weather as it was last year. When it gets cold right after ice out the spring crappie catch never really recovers. That's just my experience, maybe better fishermen can still find them but I think this weather will be a detriment. I've heard the best crappie fishing is right after ice out, I've also heard the best crappie fishing is when the water temp is at 55 degrees, but it's been my experience that if those two events are more than 2 weeks apart the crappie fishing in the shallows never really peaks. What do the rest of you think?

Really? I did great with the crappie fishing last year. I fished for crappies from ice out till the Walleye/Pike opener... Crappie fishing seems to always be great every single spring. Crappies have to school up and spawn every spring right? Thus, they should be very easy to catch.

rockingroy

Yes they have to school up and spawn, but usually the best crappie fishing is pre-spawn. It's the pre-spawn bite in the shallows that I was talking about specifically.

SupaMan

Quote:

Yes they have to school up and spawn, but usually the best crappie fishing is pre-spawn. It's the pre-spawn bite in the shallows that I was talking about specifically.

Well if the pre-spawn crappie bite is soo great for you, then how can you be having trouble fishing for them? Lol..

shorefisher

Went out on Green today and could not buy a crappie crazy.gif So much for there as easy as fish in a barrel in the spring grin.gif Will looks like Chisago lake Sunday to try to redeem my self grin.gif

RonZych

Remain calm.. Give it a chance to warm up a little. We are all a little antsy smile.gif

ole matty

one 7 inches crappie for 7 hours efforts on chisago lake.. mark few from 7 fow to 25 fow but cldnt get them to bite guess its still early.. at least had chance to get my boat out for the first time of 2007!

FL SNIPER

Fished south center yesterday. Tried a lot of different spots...most spots got zero bites. We did get a few fish in the bay across from the swedish mall in Center City. I guess just a day or two early yet.