Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Caleb

Boat Necessities? 1st Time Buyer

Caleb

I will be purchasing a used boat for the first time in Minnesota. I have looked over the DNR boating boat but it doesn't clearly state what I all need to do. Can I get some help on what I all need to do, regarding liscencing, Titles, Insurance. Just want to be legal before I hit the waters. Help appreciated.

sparcebag

I just went to Dept. of motor vech. Bought a old boat & trailor. One stop shop! Registration boat & trailor,changed names on both! I live outside the city no lines or waiting or traffic.

Caleb

As for insurance? Does the trailor have its own insurance? any requirements? Boat insurance reguirements? Do i need insurance?

DTro

Insurance is not mandated, not a bad idea though. If you finance the boat then you will probably be forced to buy the insurance.

Other regulations are based on the size of the boat. Some of the items you need to check into are fire ext, horn, throwable PFD's, and don't forget the paddle. Also make sure you have the proper running and anchor lights.

As far as title, the boat most likely will not have a title, however the trailer will, so you will need to title a new one, or tranfer a used one.

Licensing, you need a sticker on the boat that is normally good for a few years. Trailers are also licensed and you can get a lifetime license if it doesn't currently have one or is expired.

You can get all of this taken care of at your local DMV.

Schloogs

If you purchase your used boat from a dealer they should take care of all the licensing, registration, etc. for you. If you buy the boat privately you will need the title for the boat (if there is one), title for the trailer, lein release for both. All of what must be signed by the previous owner(s). You will need to take all of this to the DMV to get it transferred into your name. You will need to pay taxes on the trailer but not the boat.

I had just previously bought a new (used) boat privately and I just finally got it all tranferred to my name after the 4th trip to the DMV. If you have all of the above you should be good to go. If you are not sure if the boat is titled or not and you know the registration number of the boat, you can call the DNR and they can let you know if the boat is titled. Good luck.

Dkoy

Thanks for the info! Answers my questions. Now all I have to do is get the DMV.

Pat K

More a convenience thing than legal or safety: Make an extra set of boat keys to keep in your tow vehicle and a set of vehicle keys in your boat.