Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scoot

River conditions in Whap

15 posts in this topic

How's the river lookin' in Whap? Fishable by boat again yet???

No they have the gate up at Kidder.. The water has dropped about a foot and a half though... I will check it tomorrow though..I would think they will open it back up for the weekend??

Thanks for the update, fishin. If you get back down there, please be sure to post what you see again.

Thanks!

It is down to 11.4 but it has seemed to kind of leveled off since yesterday. I would say by next wednesday it shoud be fishable again>> I hope!

It is now just below 9 but there is still a lot of water movin..I will keep ya posted.

Thanks fishin. Is the water out of the banks by the dam? Is the landing open?

Nope it does not look too bad, as far as the depth of the water, but the current is moving pretty good yet. The landing is open though.

I was down there this afternoon, talked to a few guys fishing, they all were having a tough time, I think the water is still to high and running to fast, but it's getting closer.. Least the season doesn't close like the Rainy situation, made the mistake of going up there last weekend. Won't be long now just need to string a few days of sun together

Yep It looks low enough now, so I would tell anyone that it is worth a shot now. I would say it is as low as it was before the mini_flood. Let er buck!

Merry Christmas!!

Yup... some Sun would = more river spring walleye Fun. They need some sun on their backs in the shallows to get things rolling again. The cooler water temps helped to clean up the clarity a bit, mixed blessings I guess.

A week of mostly sunny sure would help.

Go FISH!!! I would say give it a try..

Water's still fairly high, but the fishing was decent. Nothing very big, but got walleyes between 12 and 17 inches. Not fast and furious, but decent fishing. Managed to get my three 10 year old nephews a few fish, which was fun.

Another Red report- my bro and a couple buddies fished the Red yesterday. They managed about a dozen walleyes, a bunch of goldeyes, a rock bass, and a white bass. A nice hodge podge to keep them busy. Nothing big though. We're still looking to put a big pig in our boat this Spring and I'm hoping this Fri is the day to do it! We'll see...

Nice... I am looking to do some slingin afterwork.