Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wingnut38

Biggest Muskie

4 posts in this topic

There's been a lot of publicity lately about the huge muskies in Mille Lacs. I have never tried muskie fishing on Mille Lacs but have spent a lot of time on Leech. My biggest on Leech is a 50 incher, but not very hefty. Let me know about your biggest fish on Mille Lacs. I love to hear the stories about the big ones. They say the next state record or maybe even world record fish could come out of Mille Lacs. What do you think?

I don't muski fish but after reading the article of the ski someone let go that was probably the state record, I think anything is possible from the big pond especially with the huge forage base.

A buddy of mine caught a 55" on Mille Lacs and it was an absolute pig. He released it. The cool thing was that he caught it on 8# mono and a rattle trap. He was smallmouth fishing. To make it even a better story, he was with his 6 and 8 year old grandsons. He fought the fish, ran the boat and landed the fish all by himself, with no net. It was close to a potential state record and now he is kicking himself for not weighing it. Oh well, what are you going to do?

I've managed a 53" 2 seasons ago. With all this muskie publicity on mille lacs it's gonna be real tough to catch those pigs. In fact last season I started fishing smallies on the weekends and now only fish muskies monday-wednesday because of all the pressure.