Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
slotlimit

Yamaha Kodiak 450

Question

slotlimit

I just baught a 2003 Honda Foreman. I had an add in the paper saying I was looking for an ATV. I got a call from a guy tonight saying he had a 2003 Yamaha Kodiak that works great it's just that the reverse doesn't work. He wants $400. What would it cost me to have this fixed? Is it a major problem? Now that I'm not in the market but maybe I could make a dollar on it or would it be by the time I'm done fixing it there goes the profit. Thanks for your help in advance.

12 answers to this question

PierBridge

Did you mean $4000?

Probably about what its worth without the problem.

caseymcq

If that guy really said $400 and you aren't going to buy it will you let me know.

slotlimit

I do mean $400. I just want to know if someone know what the problem could be that reverse doesn't work. I figure these things new are around $6000 give or take. If I go buy it and it is going to cost me $3000 to get it fixed then I'm probably not interested. But if it's a problem that could possibly be something in the range of $1000 or less and I can turn around and sell it that would be great.

Scott K

Snatch that sucker up quick!! You can buy a new trans and bolt that in there and still make money on it. I would try fixing it, or used first. If you dont want the deal I will take it. I need one, and am looking for this exact deal!

Jeremy airjer W

It would be in my garage for $400!

cabin boy

Buy it today!!!

I own 2 450 Grizzlies and love em!! cool.gifcool.gif

DTro

I think I'd offer him $350

Mark Christianson

I think I'd offer him $3500!

There has got to be some other catch. Thats not even in the realm of being right. Is it hot????

Thats just crazy cheap.

JohnMickish

It must be stolen.

slotlimit

Dang, why do poeple tend to assume the worst in people. I called the guy tonight he's a dentist about ready to retire. He's so hard of hearing I had to talk to his wife so she could relay the message. He told her that he decide to try and fix it himself. He said he never rides it but sometimes the grand kids come and visit and take it for a spin. The guy is probably so rich he doesn't even care what the value of it is. He did have her write down my number so if he does decide to sell he will give me a call. Now I understand why he had is son call me the other night. The grand kids must have been riding it and that gave him second thoughts. Oh well. That's life. It's not like it was a Honda! cool.gif

DTro

Haven't you heard the old saying:

"If it's too good to be true......."

I guess it's just me, but I could never take advantage of someone like that

slotlimit

I think someone was a little jealous. Taking advantage of someone like that. He called me and when I asked him what he wanted for it his son said $400. So it wasn't just and old gentleman it was his son too. I bet if I showed up at your door never meeting you before i just happened to pick your house out of every house in the USA with my 2003 Honda Foreman 500. i showed you the registration along with my ID and said, Hey Mr.dtro my daughter is dieing of cancer and I need to help pay for her bills. I seen your garage door opend and noticed it looks like your a sportsman. I have this ATV here and could sure use $500 dollars. We can call the police it's not "hot" could you help me out. I would bet you would take it in a heartbeat. I'm sure you wouldn't say , Hey I'll give you $4500 because that's what it's worth.

Now if you answered my add in the paper for this same machine and I answered the phone being 75 years old and asked you well I don't really know what this thing is worth what would be a fair deal and you told me $500. That is what is called taking advantage of someone.