Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
uphill

Native Prairie Grass and Plants?

7 posts in this topic

Last Spring or I think it was last spring there was a post that turned into a conversation about Native Prairie Grass and Plants. I did a search and I know there was someone that post here that has his yard in St. Cloud planted with some native plants or grass. I am intrested in planting some native plants and grass in my yard. So please help me with finding the post or if you are the one with the plants in your yard please respond.

That woulda been smallie_hawgin.

I'll let him know you are lookin for em.

Are you looking to do some sort of prairie restoration or just trying to plant with more native species?

uphill there is a place in Princeton called Prarie restrorations inc. and I belive that they have a greenhouse along with seeds and stuff. Maybe they can help you if you looking for something in paticular . hope this helps you out.

You should be able to get some help from the local DNR office or the NRCS or farm service office. They have been very helpful to me. Also might want to check with the local Pheasants Forever chapter if you have one.

Thanks Guys! It is and was SH.

Just rememeber when you plant your native prairie grasses, they'll look like heck the first couple of years, give them time! Its also worth the extra $ to include some of the flowers, at the right time of year they're great!