Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishprobe

Boat Ramp Docks

10 posts in this topic

Hopefully the weather improves next week to get the boat out. If anyone notices docks in at the boat ramps around the area post it here.

Most of the lakes around my area docks go in toward the end of April

Nest is in

Chub; do you know if the DNR has a method of puttin in docks? How do they determine what docks go in & when?

I would think the more popular panny lakes are the ones they put in first.

You could check with fisheries, to find out when they will put in docks at different lakes.

Sparcebag,

I used to work at trails and waterways, during the summer while in college, and they just picked a day after ice out when we had time. There are 3 guys working there. 1 working year round and the others working I believe 8 months. When the 3rd guy comes back on around this time they put the docks out. We were based out of New London but we put in all the docks in around here. We go all the way out to bigstone, then follow the river to the docks on Lac and over to artichoke, we continued to mow access all the way down the river to the access on the river where Highway 71 crosses. But no docks on the river to put in.

Thanks Sounds like a fun job.Some day I'll tell ya bout my high school job cuttin butt holes off intestines for sauage skins.Dont that sound fun 1968 almost $10.00 an hour!

State dock at Games lake is in.Marina at Minnewaska is still closed and none of docks are in yet.Went by at 3;30.

i saw Games is in...Good to see the water spilling over the outlet!!!! west norway too. whith this wind...all the ice is in the bay....

cool.gifsoon!!!!