• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team 1 "SPUR COLLECTORS" HSO Turkey Contest

outfishedagain

and to end that sequence:

FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP, FLIP, FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP....(SILENCE)

Hows going? Been awhile since i've been on, but i hope those whos hunt is come that you have a great time. i just returned from Neberaska on a tough hunt. But it ended on a good note. The leaves really poped out this week, making it easier to hide. But good luck and enjoy the spring.

Got my bird yesterday about 6:15 p.m. I will post pics, the story and contest submission in the next two days. Almost 23 lbs, 1.125" spurs, 10.75" beard

I'm going to pluck him now! Good luck to the rest (IceHawk, Orion, Shiner)

Nice sounding bird! Did you release it from the pen when you shot it smile.gif

Good job

Here are the pictures

tagshotoh0.jpg

ScottsGobbler2.jpg

TurkeyBeard.jpg

TurkeySpurs.jpg

TurkeyWeight.jpg

HSOContestEntry.jpg

I've got a good story to go with the bird (who doesn't when you find success?), but I've got stuff to do for Finals week at school so it will have to wait a week or so.

Good luck to the rest of the Spur Collectors

Great job! I am heading out next week so hopefully I can add one more to the score board.

Anyone else having any luck?

great bird! congrats! the smile on your face says it all.

Hey Great Turkey and dont mind Tealitup that is the only way he can get a bird!!!!!

grin.gif

Who has not been out yet?

I am up for this week as well shiner lets hope we can double up shocked.gifshocked.gif

OrionsXO! Come on now - I can take one with a truck, a car a cannon and hand grenade.

Just don't stand too close to me this weekend smile.gif

See you in four days at the killin' fields!

Meaning I am terrible at driving in the fields - That did not sound right when I read it again.

By the way George has "some good looking" turkey's around his place

I am looking foward to FRIDAY I hope that we have a chance and we will see who posts first

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Will be hunting Sunday, my dad and I just can't seem to get our schedules right.......good luck!

good luck to the both of you and have a great hunt.

Well, I wish I had bette news......I will not be contributing to the team this year. I hunted the UP hard for the last couple of days in the snow, rain and wind but could not close the deal. I will write the story as soon as I get back to reality.

Sorry to hear that, but we all know the fun is just getting out there. Any luck Orion?

I have 2 Days to go but it seems the birds are gone I hope I can connect

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

I have 2 Days to go but it seems the birds are gone I hope I can connect

Don't give up. I took my daughter out this season in 219. The birds were awfully quiet but they still worked at times. She scored a nice jake for her first turkey yesterday about 8 in the morning. We hadn't heard a gobble all morning but knew from the sign there were birds around. The rest of the turkeys must have known she filled her tag as they were suddenly gobbling and walking around in the open including a big tom with a paintbrush beard dragging through the grass.

Good Luck!

alot can happen in two days and all it takes is two seconds.

Sorry Guys the Birds just would not work for me We knew where they were at but nothing would come in frown.giffrown.gif

Same here Orion, all henned up and just wouldn't work like we wanted.

you said it best shinner and congates to my teammates that did come through and score a bird and all the other contestants you deserve a congrats as well grin.gif

It isn't hunting unless you had fun and learned someting. these two characteristics make for better hunters and good friends.

Outfished you said it right and I for one had a great time and I am Glad I did this

By the way I noticed that you are from G. Falls I grew up in that area Monte shocked.gif Small World