Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crappiehunter99

Horseshoe Chain

8 posts in this topic

Is there still ice on the Horseshoe chain. Is the access by Cold Spring open. I want to get out there and catch some of theme channel cats.

I didn't get over that direction this weekend but Little Rock was 2/3 open Saturday night. The chain's gotta be close! laugh.gif

Thanks

areas of the chain are open. the access in cold spring is free of ice but i am not sure how far up river you can get. I did see people fishing from the fishing dock there. Let us know if you get out. I would say by next weekend with some more rain, the chain should be open

How is it looking to get into the the river sections of horseshoe from the 22 access, up by scheider-ish?

If I am able to get out this weekend I will let U know. I forgot it is Easter this weekend. I hope I can sneek a trip into this weekend.

I made it out on the chain yesterday and hade some luck. 2 catfish and 7-8 crappies. Crappies were starting to move into the shallow bays.

There was quite of bit of ice on Horseshoe today, off Hwy. 22.

I think it might take a few more days till the fish stack up in the shallow bays.