Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott26

How do you keep your tackle organized?

13 posts in this topic

Other then in plano boxes......for me one example is rapalas. I label the row with the model and depth range. To me they all look the same after a while. crazy.gif

Any others?

Here is one posted on a different thread

tackle organizer

Other than that I just throw my stuff back in the box and then get upset when I cant find anything. smirk.gif

I take a fine permanent marker, and put the

depth on the crank-bait's lip. As you said, they all

look alike once out of the box..

I don't keep a lot of different diving or sinking lures, just some good ones. The diving lures all have the running depth written on them with permanent marker.

Every spring I go through all tackle 6 boxes,fly cases way too much,get them perfectly arranged! by 2nd week there all messed up so I wait till next spring,and do it again!!Creature of habit.

Each species has its own tackle boxes that are labeled such. Then I use Todays Tackle pouches to keep the tackle oraganized within that box. As for the crank baits I keep most of them at home except the ones I am going to use that day and a few extras. One of the hardest things on tackle is bouncing around in the boat and rubbing against eachother. take just what ya need and use the pouches to keep it in top notch shape and organized.

For my crankbaits I purchased a box that holds the baits vertical, each has its own area and can't get hooked together. The boxes are not carried in stores, I got my at a walleye fishing expo. It works great.

what was that "o" word again? cool.gif

I have a tackle bag that holds 8 3700s. I have them organized by type:

1. stickbaits

2. crankbaits

3. spinnerbaits/spoons

4. plastics #1 (assorted plastics/hooks/weights)

5. plastics #2 (senko-type lures/hooks/weights)

6. crappie jigs and terminal tackle

7. Crappie plastics

8. muskie lures

i also have a smaller box that fits in the front pocket of the tackle bag for walleye jigs. I have one of those snell things with the velcro for another side pocket, along with various bags of plastics in another side pocket. Mine even has a hard-sided sunglass case on the front of it, along with sleeves for pliers, nail clippers, hook sharpener, and jaw spreader.

Jiggin Those boxes are available through California.They originaly were for deep sea lures.then some freshwater fisherpeople discovered them, then some shops in cal started selling them to Bassers They were all hand made Wood now they are made from plastics,and are in some custom shops.I havent searched but a custom Company mine are from is (Kunan)In SanDiego

I use 3700 series boxes for my cranks. These all fit into a compartment in my boat. (no tackle bag to mess with)..

1. #5 shad raps

2. #7 shad raps

3. #8, #9- shad raps

4. deep lil rippers

5. stick baits

6. walleye divers

7. Rapala countdowns

8. #5 flicker shads

9.#7 flicker shads

10. Misc cranks- salmos, flicker tails, mirro lures, tail dancers, etc..

I use 3600 boxes and tackle bag for other stuff...

1. Slip bobber stuff

2. spinner stuff

3. jigs

4. hooks

I stuff my plastics into the bag.

This works great for me.

Keep a huge box orginized to your preference. When you head out take 1-4 poles rigged different and keep a small tray or bag of just baits and lures/rigging or bobber componets that you need. Works great and saves space and clutter. I wouldnt recommend this approach to all day trips or tourneys though. WHen I fish alone no matter how long I cary my whole box in place of my brother grin.gifgrin.gif

Other than 1 tackle box for stick baits, and a couple for ice fishing I just lump the rest of it together and fish with a basic mess blush.gif