Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snake River  King

Good walleye lake?

7 posts in this topic

Hello this summer me and the family are lookin to go fishing around Grand Rapids area and I would like to know what is a good walleye lake is Wabana Lake eny good? Or how about Lake Pokegema? or is there eny other smaller or mid size lake that might offer good fishing also is there eny good resorts thanks.

With patience, Pokegama can be darn good. If you have specific questions, you can e-mail me at info@tightlinesguiding.com.

Pokegama and wabana are both decent lakes for walleye tthey are alittle more difficult to fish because of the water clarity, they are both clear lakes. the nice thing about both these lakes is the diversity of fish you catch on these two bodies of water walleye,bass, northern and perch.

some other smaller lakes around our area are Sand, bowstring, jessie and cutfoot are all good lakes to fish for walleye. you can check out our web page on wwwmnfishingpros.com and go to lakes and resorts to get whatever you need. you can also e-mail me for any other additional info you need

Jason

I would throw trout lake in there also.

absolutly sorry about that

My wife, daughter's, and I love going out for a day on the Wabana/Bluewater/Trout lake chain. Granted with the low water, it maybe diffcult/impossible to access Bluewater or Trout from Wabana. If you get on Trout, about half way up the lake on the west side you will see the Joyce Estate buildings. It's a very neat spot to stop and stretch and look around. Tons of panfish in Wabana and the Trout lakes as well as both species of bass. What we usually do is picnic/swim during the day and in the evening set up on a sunken island or under water point on Wabana and slip bobber fish with leeches. You never know what you'll get....walleyes, sm lm bass, bluegills, even the occassional northern. There are lake trout and splake in the Trout lakes and laker's in Bluewater, but it's hard to catch them. I've never strictly targeted 'eyes on Wabana but know other guys who do pretty good in June out there.

Brian

thanks for the info you guys if enyone has more info keep it comming thanks SRK