Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Huskie

Tire- website-Anyone used it??

Question

Huskie

I found great prices on tires at tiresonline.com, but I can't find any reviews of their business. Has anyone bought anything from them or know of a way to check their business history? I have bought a number of items on line before, but not from this outfit, hate to get fleeced, thanks.

7 answers to this question

Powerstroke

I'm not sure the site you're looking at. I tried finding it myself only got a list of links to other online retailers.

I've bought tires online from Tirerack and I've used the online service from Discount tire and both have been fine. I've found that the best deals are atDiscount tire since they will price match most things.

Buying form Tirerack can be good cause they will drop ship the tires to a list of tire shops they recommend and you can get a deal on shipping and sometimes installation.

Of course you're always gonna get better service if you buy locally so its a double-edged sword.

You may save on tire price but try to get a "whole" picture with regards to price since most local places lump in the cost of mount and balance for a "total price". Once you add in tires, shipping and installation, I've only found online to be a better deal ONCE and only cause I was ordering a large mud tire that nobody would stock.

boatfixer

After pricing out a new set, factoring in the cost for mounting and balancing from a local shop, I found it better to spend the extra $12.50 to get them through my local dealer. LOCAL SERVICE is much better IF you have any problems.

LwnmwnMan2

I'll vote for Discount Tire.

Now they fix flats for free, whether it's you, or someone you know.

They've fixed multiple flats for me on my mowers and never even charged me.

Their prices are VERY competitive and rotate for free.

Powerstroke

I totally agree with lwnmwnman. I know I pimp DT alot on here, but only because I would send anyone there including my grandma. They've been great to me. I've bought 3 sets of tires there. I've used my road hazard warrenty from them before with no hassle and the prices are great.

If you live north of the metro I feel bad becaus ethey ahven't moved in that direction yet, but if you're nea rthe metro I would consider making it a stop.

caseymcq

If you are buying truck tires you may want to check out 4wheelparts.com. Every once in a while they run a promo with free shipping. I bought 285/70R17 BFG AT's from them last fall when they were running that promo and even though the price per tire was higher at the time than Tire Rack with the free shipping it made the overall cost substantially cheaper. They were cheaper than Discount Tire was at the time too.

Huskie

Sorry. posted the wrong site, it is onlinetires.com. I can get a set of four 245/75 16's Hankooks 100 bucks cheaper and the firestone destination le's for 80 bucks cheaper than I can get locally. That is figuring in shipping and having them balanced and mounted locally. The only thing not included would be the road hazard--would be rolling the dice there. Any final thoughts, decision time in tomorrow.

Scott K

Alot of local places will match any advertised price, let them inspect the sale to see if its a scam, they will investigate to see if its a true deal. If it is you are buying them local because they will match the deal! I know ford dealers advertise they will match any advertised price! And I dont think it needs to be a ford either! But I may be wrong!