Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishin'Mad-Mandan

ice out?

19 posts in this topic

is the ice out on girl lake yet?

if not how long do u figure untill it is?

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

webcam.jpg

Looks like the middle of winter. Don't think the mushrooms are up yet! Ten Mile is within 20 miles or so of our cabin (Longville).

Larry

it is still Winter there.

(Note from Admin, edited. Please read forum policy before posting again, Thank-You. )

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

thanks guys

Thank you Trashguy! I love the web cam. I have been checking it regularly over the past week watching the snow melt. I am going to be up on Woman Lake next weekend with 20 college friends and was concerned that we wouldn't be able to play horseshoes because of the snow! It's great to see that it's gone! Now I will be watching to see when the ice goes out!

TRASHGUY,

Is that web cam actually Ten Mile Lake, or is it the lake that your cabin is on in Longville? Just Curious. If it is your lake, please let me know what lake that is. We have a place close to Longville on Hand Lake and plan to go up fishing next weekend.

Thanks for posting this..

AC

As of this morning the conditions on Woman Lake are as follows:

The ice has begun to pull away from shore and the lake ice has turned to a dark blue/green. This usually means ice out is within a couple/few days. It's close!

Trashguy,

I love the Ten Mile Lake Webcam. I have followed it on a daily basis as I anticipate the end of this years ice. It is also a vicarious thrill for me as we used to have a place on Ten Mile before we moved over to Leech Lake. Ten Mile is a beautiful lake. I wish there was a way they could knock down the rock bass population.

I also like your FM handle - "Trashguy."

Hey trashguy that cam is pretty cool, what part of tenmile are you on? My parents place is on birch lake near shady shores resort, they are also from jordan, looks like the ice only has a couple more days left!

Ice is gone. Didn't see any ice up to north of Hackensack. Didn't get into Walker.

Could anybody provide an update on leech, specifically walker bay and the big lake out by goose?

The ice went out on many of the Longville lakes last weekend. The ice on Woman was starting to look like it was on it's way out before the big rains on Saturday and especially Sunday night which I'm sure really hit the remaining ice hard. The DNR walleye stripping station is up & running on Woman which is another sign spring is here!

Just got off the phone with a resort on Pine Point, and the lake is clear all the way to Portage Bay, and that ice is going fast. There have been several boats out this morning going north along the shoreline of PP. Dock goes into tomorrow!

Quote:

The ice went out on many of the Longville lakes last weekend. The ice on Woman was starting to look like it was on it's way out before the big rains on Saturday and especially Sunday night which I'm sure really hit the remaining ice hard. The DNR walleye stripping station is up & running on Woman which is another sign spring is here!

Where is the stripping station on Woman, will be up this weekend and would check it out.

Along Hwy 5, just East of the McGuires Inn. (About 11 miles or so from Longville itself. You'll definitely see it.

I will be up there too this weekend to get the cabin up and running.

Steve

I heard the ice is off Walker Bay as of this AM (Friday)? Can anyone confirm?

Friday, 4/27/07

Portage bay was clear of ice as far as I could see. Nice SW wind about 15mph and 72 degrees. Saturday it was beatifull and 75.

Plenty of cormorants still flying overhead.

It should be a good opener.

tweed