Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
klw

Yamaha 115 4-stroke question

9 posts in this topic

I have a Yamaha 115 4 stroke and change the oil and filter every year. This spring I was at fleet farm and figured I would just check and see if they carry a filter. I found a filter in the FRAM filter book that was listed for my engine that also appears to be used in ATV engines. This filter is $5.00 which is $20.00 dollars cheaper than the Yamaha replacement at the marine dealer. Does anyone see a problem with using the FRAM filter? confused.gif

I believe others on FM have used the Fram filter without any issues... and I also believe others really don't care for fram filters in general...

But, will it fit and function? Yes.

marine_man

I just paid $15 for a yamaha filter, I have used oem filters on my boat motor since new. Although I have a yamaha grizzly that takes the same filter, I have used the napa filter and fram filter on that, with no problems. But I figured the extra $9 for oem on the $11k boat motor just makes me feel better.

Quote:

. But I figured the extra $9 for oem on the $11k boat motor just makes me feel better.

good point

I have used Fram on my Yamaha F60 since 2003 when it was new.

No problems, never will have any. I believe they are the same filter as Yamaha's.

Save yourself the $20, use it on the price of gas instead! blush.gif

what is the filter number? I'm Intrested.

The yamaha # is 5gh-13440-00 $14.20, and I believe the fram # is ph6017, but I may be wrong with the fram #

thanks

I was told that there might be a warrenty issue to consider if you dont use the factory authorized parts.. just something to consider if you still have a warrenty.