Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Cowdy

Open Water with Access

Cowdy    0
Cowdy

Does anyone know if there will be open water with a decent access by this weekend on the west side?

I was hoping to perform a spring test ride to determine if I will buy a boat I put money down on this past winter.

Thanks in advance

KC

Glenn_S    0
Glenn_S

Shady Oak Lake in Hopkins opened overnight.

Bryant Lake opened as well, with just a bit of slush in the North bay that will be gone before the end of today.

Time to fire up the boats!

Glenn

g_anoka    0
g_anoka

I myself am looking for a place to give the boat a good test run. Bought an older 18' sylvan, so I would like to give a good test run, or should I just wait until the opener on Mille lacs???? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JBMasterAngler    157
JBMasterAngler

Well you have plenty of time until the opener to give it a test run, but why waste away 6 weeks while you can get in some good fishing until then? I see you live in blaine, just head over to ham lake and give your boat a spin. If it's not ice free now it will be by this weekend.

g_anoka    0
g_anoka

I guess Ham Lake is an option. Any other suggestions?

JBMasterAngler    157
JBMasterAngler

Coon lake probably still has main lake ice, but up the road a little farther is linwood...that should be ice free, and it's just under 600 acres so you have a little more room to open up your motor and cruise around as opposed to ham lake.

Max    0
Max

So is Linwood open then or not quit yet?

lazermule    0
lazermule

I saw this post and figured what the heck I'd go check out Linwood being that it is just down the road a few miles. Linwood looks to be about 50% clear as of 9am this morning. Standing at the access, it is clear out to about the middle and you can see where the ice is driving up against the shore on the south side. Over near the 40 foot hole on the west side it looks to be clear as well. I checked out Coon as well and it looks clear out from the Theilen beach access and Norquist campground but I saw ice in Ekenstiens bay yet and the middle of the east lake.

LM

Jlineandsinker    0
Jlineandsinker

Just came from Medicine Lake. The north side by French park is open. Looks like the south end may have some ice,but as far as i could see was open water. No dock yet. Next clear day I'll be there.

LwnmwnMan2    2
LwnmwnMan2

Saw a boat fishing (3/31) on Clear Lake next to 35 in Forest Lake today.

so haaad    0
so haaad

Forest Lake is also 100% open.