Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Access this weekend??

7 posts in this topic

Do you think there will be any way to get out on the lake this weekend? Or is the shoreline pretty much gone?

Based on last weekend 4 wheeler and sled travel should be ok for this weekend. The shorelines where still very solid other than the accesses from all the vehicle traffic. The snow was stgill there along shore where we went on Saturday with the sleds.

As far as I know all the roads are ATV or snowmobile now. It's best to call the road you plan on going out from for the latest info.

Thanks for the info guys. We were thinking of heading up one last weekend. We would only use four wheelers. I was just wondering how safe it was. Driving around at work today I noticed the ice is completely off most of the lakes in the metro area.

I see that Mort's has closed their access, according to their website.

I think Mort's and Roger's were dealing with a pressure ridge close to shore. As far as I know Hillman's is still letting ATV's/snowmobiles out as there isn't a ridge until 3+ miles. Hillman's phone. 218-647-8504

Jimmy, I think it would be a good weekend to spend with that certain love of your life one weekend this year.

Drunk, stupid and sitting on a bucket is no way to go through life flounder...opps I mean Jimmy!

P.S. A couple things to remember:

It's not the bait you use but how you present it.

It's not how deep you fish but how you wiggle your worm.

And in your case, Trouser trout don't count as fish aganist your limit!

Good Luck This Weekend