Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Ice Out date

20 posts in this topic

Whats your guess for ice out this spring on average sized laked.

My guess, April 7.

april 5

i am going to guess yesturday for Loon Lake/ Crystal Lake. I dont think the ice will be totally gone however i think both access will be open to get your boat on! just a guess...i didnt look out my window

I drove out to west wood yesterday, shores were open, ice didnt look very thick. I will be out there this weekend with my boat, im sure of it! Im thinking tomorrow or the next day, maybe for washington!

March 30

Looks like if this warm weather continues, some lakes will be ready for boat traffic. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Im sneaking out of work this afternoon to dip my boat in Kelly. I will make a drive past Mazaska and French to see what they look like also.

I'm getting the boat out of storage later this week! cool.gif

I have had the boat ready for a week and it looks like if time allows I may get it wet this week. smile.gif

Speaking of which....what's happened to your fishing? I haven't seen a report from you in, oh, quite some time??? confused.giffrown.gif

Mine is out and as soon as my Humminbird Side Imaging transducer gets put on I'll be ready to float. I will be out this Saturday some where.

Eric, I have been so busy doing other things that there hasnt been much time for fun. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Dude, no time for fun??? Yous gotta change your priorities around a bit, my man.

Between yardwork,FM sales work and getting the race car and trailer ready and also getting the boat ready there is no time for fun now. blush.gif

Now, when that is all done this next week, look out as Tom will be back in action. cool.gif I cannot complain as I hunt and fish almost all year long. smile.gif Sometimes things do need to get done. frown.gif

Retired, but not retired, eh? smirk.gif Hope you're able to get out soon.

Thanks for thinking of me and my lack of fishing. In a few weeks it will be catfishing, mushroom picking, racing and the trip to the Sturgeon event. Then it will be racing and fishing all summer long until bow hunting in September and then all fall hunting and fishing again. Its just one big circle.

Sometimes a little work in between. Takes money to play and I play alot. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

April 2 for me.

April 1 for tetonka. shocked.gif

Sounds like many lakes are open or nearly open. That ice sure did go fast. Heck, it wasn't more than 1.5 weeks ago when TO and I saw 18" out there!

70-80, sunny and windy will do that! Thats ok with me my boat is almost ready, it will be on some water this weekend! laugh.gif