Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarcumMan

BPS Walleye Angler Signature Series Spinning Rod

4 posts in this topic

Im looking to buy a new spinning rod for walleyes this season. I found the bass pro shops walleye angler signature series spinning rod and was wondering if anyone had any experience with one of these. I was looking at the 6' ML HM-85 Jigging rod. I would be mainly using this for vertical jigging and pitching jigs. I was also looking at a St. Croix Avid but with the price of the BPS rod, I could get a nice reel with it for around the same price of the St. Croix itself. Any comments? Thanks

The BPS trolling rods are great but I've never used one of their jigging rods so I can't really comment on that. Avids are one of my favorites though.

This series of rods is well worth the cost. The bottom bouncer rods are fantastic for the cost and the trolling rods have a great action to them with softer tips but still good back bone. The other rods that are good for the price is the Gary Roach rods. Reeds has them at a good price and plenty in stock.

i have one of the rigging rods and I love it, especially for the price.