Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carp King

Gun Club

8 posts in this topic

Does any one know of a map or info on this lake? There isnt one on the DNR site.

Where is this lake?

It's right along the minnesota river just upstream from ft. snelling state park. I honestly don't remember, but if you go and buy a map of nearby snelling lake, a gun club map is included on an insert.

Sorry, I can't help you. I know sometimes (in case you didn't know) if you use the recreation compass and change the view of the map to TOPO, some lakes that aren't listed on DNR's website will give a generic depth of the lake.

I am familiar with this lake. It has tons of monster carp if that's what your looking for. Occasional nice bass, small pike and pannies. You never know what you'll catch.

During heavy raining seasons the walter quality of the lake can decrease due to flooding from the Minnesota river which also brings in multispecies.

Lotsa snakes and wildlife. Mostly shallow areas for wetlands. It's almost unfishable during the summer due to heavy aquatic weed growths & milfoil. Spring & fall are your best times.

If you want a lake infested with Carp try Cynthia Lake in Lakeville/Burnsville area.

I am also familar with this lake. The whole lake is around 3-4 feet deep except around the creek mouth. You might get 8 feet in spots there depending on the water levels. It is full of carp though. Andy is right, by June it is a jungle. This lake has been abused over the years and is not really a decent fishing at all anymore.

Quote:

I am also familar with this lake. The whole lake is around 3-4 feet deep except around the creek mouth. You might get 8 feet in spots there depending on the water levels. It is full of carp though. Andy is right, by June it is a jungle. This lake has been abused over the years and is not really a decent fishing at all anymore.

by the looks of the original posters name, I'm guessing he wants the carp. In fact, until bass opens I may have to go check this place out. crazy.gif

Yeah the place is good for Carp in the late spring & summer. Also Sheephead too & dogfish.

The lake has poor access & parking and you have to walk half a mile or more just to get to it. Again lotsa wildlife cause its a wetland area. Watch out for the bugs, mosquitos & ticks.

There's alot of garbage in certain areas lately from people who dont pick up after themselves. Its sad because it making the shores & area filthy.

Unless your feeling adventurous I would avoid it. Go fish Snelling Lake instead across the river at Snelling state park.