Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rainydaze

Fished The RIver!

2 posts in this topic

Had a lot of funny looks heading through town with the boat hanging out the back of the truck yesterday. Two fired up guys with big smiles on there faces driving it. We just slid our little river boat in at the access in the Falls which by the way was wide open! We fished up by the dam. Caught and released about 30 walleyes from 3:00 until about 7:00p.m. Most of the fish we caught were smaller fish with about 10 being 14-15 inches. Fireball jigs in the chartruesse and orange flat out produced. Stubborn as I was trust me give the orange and chartruesse combo a try. Bring 1/4, 3/8/ as well as 1/8 to match your current conditions. Also caught 2 large whitefish, and 1 pike. The water is EXTREMELY low, and even with the little river boat and small motor we had to use extreme caution making our way up to the dam lifting the motor up on several instances. The current was very minimal being able to fish with fairly light jigs. I can't stress enough if you are going to fish up at the dam be careful getting there, or you'll be out a lower unit as there are many rocks, and logs sitting 1 foot or less under the water in a stretch. Fish were snapping pretty good though, and it sure felt great to set into some eyes in the open water again! For all that are reading this use extreme caution this weekend as even though we may have been on a different stretch of river the low water will be the story for the whole river. Good Luck! Hope to hear some reports from this weekend on different stretches of the river as I'll have to miss this weekend! As always Good Fishing!

Quote:

Had a lot of funny looks heading through town with the boat hanging out the back of the truck yesterday. Two fired up guys with big smiles on there faces driving it. We just slid our little river boat in at the access in the Falls which by the way was wide open! We fished up by the dam. Caught and released about 30 walleyes from 3:00 until about 7:00p.m. Most of the fish we caught were smaller fish with about 10 being 14-15 inches. Fireball jigs in the chartruesse and orange flat out produced. Stubborn as I was trust me give the orange and chartruesse combo a try. Bring 1/4, 3/8/ as well as 1/8 to match your current conditions. Also caught 2 large whitefish, and 1 pike. The water is EXTREMELY low, and even with the little river boat and small motor we had to use extreme caution making our way up to the dam lifting the motor up on several instances. The current was very minimal being able to fish with fairly light jigs. I can't stress enough if you are going to fish up at the dam be careful getting there, or you'll be out a lower unit as there are many rocks, and logs sitting 1 foot or less under the water in a stretch. Fish were snapping pretty good though, and it sure felt great to set into some eyes in the open water again! For all that are reading this use extreme caution this weekend as even though we may have been on a different stretch of river the low water will be the story for the whole river. Good Luck! Hope to hear some reports from this weekend on different stretches of the river as I'll have to miss this weekend! As always Good Fishing!

Sounds like a blast. Hope to make it up this spring. I hope we get the "April showers" as the river was low last fall, also.