Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scoot

Ice report in Whap

9 posts in this topic

What's the ice report in Whap? Where's the ice in relation to the dam? How far downstream from the dam has the ice pushed out?

By the big cat>>I went down there last night after work there is hardly any ice, it is almost all free flowing. There was some ice built up by the 210 bridge where some big chunks are holdin it up? The water was high though, if were talking about the same dam, the water only made ripples where the dam is so it is pretty flat with lots of water. Does anyone ever fish it this early with the high water and such?

That is a very good place for walleyes!!! I used to leave a couple blocks from there and once the water goes down the walleyes will turn on!!! I fished about 100 yards from the dam!!

I was just down there over my lunch and the water has dropped a foot or more!

New lunch-break news, the river was back up a foot...there was about four boats out...I didnt see them so they must have went north of the 210 bridge.Anybody venture that way before in boat, how far can a guy go north..man I hate work!

I was out Saturday from shore and I lost three lures>>>>%$&%^The water was up again, it does look down today though.. i am goin to try it after work..If ya see a guy in khaki's and a polo shirt thatS me trying to pick up some big heffers down by the river!

Only 3????? You are doing pretty good. Last year, I went through over $50 in jigs and I lost more than a few jerk baits. (in 5 trips) and it just so happened that the eyes were hitting jigs that cost 4 for $3.oo.

The water is still high.. I wish Fargo would just take some more! I tried it again last night and theres just to much water.

Fargo has plenty of water, We diffently dont need anymore!!