Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyefey

Will the county clean out the landings on the weekends?

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone knows if the county ever cleans out the birchdale landing on the weekends? Are they typically well informed to do the best and quickest job for the many anxious fishermen? Any day now smile.gif

They get to it as soon as soon as it's reasonably doable. Yes they are well informed as they work and live up here too. They will most likely try and avoid doing it on the weekends as it's such a mad house and I'd imagine the operator would be on OT as well!

There is not a lot of cleaning to do since there is so little snow & ice build-up. Once the water is there the ramps will be open in short order. I think Fisky is right about the county working on the W/E. Don't think I have seen them do it before.

The river really changed over night! Went from 95% snow cover to 95% wet ice.

Can't type more. Hands shaking too badly. Must fish!!!

Agreed, there is not much for them to do...we just have to sit and wait for the mighty rainy to open up!!