Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eastwind

Good guide or launch service

8 posts in this topic

A friend is trying to put together a fishing outing for 6 to 10 of his customers. Anyone know of a guide or launch service that you would recomend to bring this number of people out for 4 to 6 hours of fishing? Any info would be appreciated.

One day trip or where will you be staying? I am partial to the NW end of the lake near Garrison, that is nearest to the cabin. I have used MyrMar, GArrison sports, and the Blue Goose. We caught nice fish on every outing. One tip to get more fish on a luanch... get in the very rear of boat. when anchored and slip bobbering this will keep your bait in front of the fish longer. when your on the side of the boat you will have to reel in and cast out more often because the current will pull your line intop other people and get tangles. good luck!

Thanks for the info. I've fished Mille Lacs for many years out of my own boat or the boats of a couple friends. I just have never needed to hire a guide or launch. My friend knows even less about it.

Eastwind,

On the east side of Mille Lacs Lake there is Appeldoorn's, Fishers, Hunters Point that have launches and great accomedations for you.

I will not be available to guide this summer due to our parkmodel business (www.appeldoornsparkmodelsales.com)For open water guide services Appeldoorn's and Hunters Point uses Tony Roach and am in the process of adding another well known guide to our guide services here within the next month. I would be happy to assist you to book a trip with Tony or any of our other guides through Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay. Just drop me a line and I'll be more than happy to assist you or anyone else.

Fish On!!!

Cranker,

Thanks for the info. I will email you from home this evening.

East wind, I had great luck and loved the service out of captian hooks launch that sunset bay uses, go to crankers site above.

mrmanners,

Thank you

Last fall, I went out of Twin Pines on thier late night launcha and they put us onto some big fish. I would have to agree that the back is the best because my dad and I outfished almost everyone else 2 to 1.