Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jokerman

Bleeding Hooks and other "Bleeding" lures

jokerman    0
jokerman

so i was out fishing today.. and was wondering after recently buying a spool of Cajun Line... how well do "Bleeding" hooks and lures work if red is the first color to disappear in water? does this not make the lure actually harder to see for the fish? but at the same time i can see it being great for the fact that the fish wont see the hooks.. but i bought some bleeding vibrax and the blades too are red... making me think that fish wont see the blade... is my theory correct?

nofishfisherman    10
nofishfisherman

I've thought about this as well.

The best answer I have been able to find is that the red color will disappear at a certain depth (not sure what that depth is) so if you stay above the depth where red disappears fish should be able to still see it.

So if red disappears at 25 ft below the surface then fish lures with blood red in water shallower the 25 feet.

I would guess the depth where red disappears will vary depending on light penetration as well, in a crystal clear lake red will probably be visable in deeper water, and when in heavily stained water the red will disappear sooner.

jokerman    0
jokerman

according to Cajun Line, red is the first color to filter out in water... and can be invisible in as little as 3ft of water...

nofishfisherman    10
nofishfisherman

Thats interesting. Maybe the whole blood red thing is a marketing ploy, or maybe the disappearing in 3 ft of water is a marketing ploy.

I guess anything will disappear in 3 feet of water if the water is dirty enough.

I have seemed to notice catching more fish on blood red hooks versus plain hooks though, thats just from my own experience.

jokerman    0
jokerman

Quote:

I have seemed to notice catching more fish on blood red hooks versus plain hooks though, thats just from my own experience.

same here.. but it just made me curious

nofishfisherman    10
nofishfisherman

Maybe they are designed to catch fish and fisherman alike.

Most things are I guess.

Tackle companies really are lucky that men and fish are alot alike, we are both attracted to shinny objects and we both eat stuff we probably shouldn't.

gunflint    0
gunflint

I'm a believer that color can make a difference. I've seen it enough guiding when 4 people are using 4 different colored jigs and one is out producing everyone else 3 to 1. I don't believe that having invisible line is that important. I can't imagine that a walleye looks at a piece of fishing line in front of a lure and says to himself "no sir I'm not falling for that, it's a trap." Particularly when you're fishing by weeds or in current where there's all kinds of debris floating around.

Cliff Wagenbach    805
Cliff Wagenbach

I also have questiond the "red color" claims made by line and hook manufactures.

BUT... I also have had great luck using red hooks and I always use red Cajun line as leaders on all of my Lindy Rigs and they work great! smile.gif

Cliff

Winona Ice    0
Winona Ice

I think red hooks and red line work as well as other products, but they are not magic like they say. Since red light is the first to be filtered out by water and red line is transparent it will appear clear under certain depths; it doesn't actually disappear it just looks like clear line.

Since hooks are opaque when all red light is filtered out they will reflect other colors of the spectrum. Under deep water most things start to appear violet, blue, or green. Under deep enough water red hooks and red line will look similar to other hooks and line.

ICE

iffwalleyes    0
iffwalleyes

Well if all else the red line is easier to see when working with it. At least for me.

nofishfisherman    10
nofishfisherman

If red line is made to look clear while under water, why not just start out using clear line?

Sonicrunch    0
Sonicrunch

Quote:

If red line is made to look clear while under water, why not just start out using clear line?

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Funny.

I guess so it's easier for people to see out of the water.