Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan Thiem

Zumbro report 3/17

4 posts in this topic

Went to the lake twice today. Once in the morning (forgot camera) and once in the afternoon. Started out at Fishermans about 7:30 and found the water a bit dirty and didn't catch a thing. So I went back later in the day to try again down at the cat hole. Things didn't look to good there either.

logjamgu3.jpg

debrisog0.jpg

So I came back up to Fishermans Inn to stay for the rest of the afternoon. As you can see the ice is still around 10" thick. About two inches of white stuff on top of eight inches of clear stuff.

icedv7.jpg

Spent the afternoon there and found quite a few fish mostly suspended crappies and found one dead northern on the ice. Still a good waxie bite with gold being the better color for the day.

crappieej9.jpg

This one came to a Diamond jig tipped with a waxie.

Beautiful day and it was nice to be out. Not many left and PLEASE be careful if you are still getting out. Test the ice once in a while for thickness. Because there are still a lot of springs and they have got much bigger and I sure wouldn't want to walk off after dark.

How did those cat's treat you?

If there is still a way to get on at fishermans, I might have to go down tomorrow night and try and catch some crappies.

Tell ya the truth. I never even tried for them. The ice was in such bad shape I just turned around and went back. The water was very dirty too. Only about three inches of visibility.

As far as getting on the ice at Fish, I just used a dock. The shore is most definatley shot.

Bring a flasher because they sure aint tight to the bottom like before. I was marking fish anywhere from two feet up all the way to just under the ice.

Went out for a couple hours tonight. Caught 2 fish. A nice sized crappie and a decent sunnie. Both caught on a small yellow glow jig tipped with a waxxie. Marked alot of garbage in the water, but was able to tell the difference from the fish.