Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Elbow Lake Info Needed

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone fished elbow lake in the grand marais area off of the gunflint trail? I've never taken a boat on the lake but have caught some nice perch and a few hammer handle northerns from shore. I was thinking about finally taking my boat out there this summer, was wondering if anyone could tell me a few things about the lake?

I have never fished the lake but have heard that it is pretty easy to catch good numbers of average size walleyes and bass. I would troll spinners and crawlers around the weed edges, that seems to work best on most of the lakes up there.

You might want to change the name of this thread, it sounds like someone fell through the ice or something like that.

I've heard that it can be a good lake to fish but watch out for rocks by the surface. Particularly if lake levels don't get back to normal this spring.

Good call on the name change. Anyway, the DNR shows there are no bass in the lake, but mentioned there may be a few in there. And I've also heard the rocks can be bad, but what lake up there doesn't have that problem?