Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyefey

Whats happening on the river? Any undates or further opinions?

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering what going to happen to the river. Small boats on the 22 or will it wait till the next weeked of the 30th? Its always hard this time of year to make plans but what does everyone else think? Any info would be great.

Take a peek at some of the recent posts here on the forum.

Temps started dropping around noon on Wednesday afternoon. Pretty cold thru the day yesterday and I woke up to 1 below here in Roseau. Slush and water on the lake road last weekend was froze up solid yesterday.

Gonna be a while yet???

fiskyknut

I know people who are going to try it on Thursday,if I talk to them I will let you know.

try what, icefishing??

The river,open water,it sounds like they already postponed it til better conditions.

Probably going to give it a shot this week. I'll post some results if we head out! Good Fishing!

The weather man is forecasting highs in the 40's this week and temps in the 50's this weekend, so we might be fishing open water very soon. If we could get a little rain and run off it would really speed things up...

I've been making regular trips up and down the river and there are promising spots opening between Loman and Birchdale. Loman to the Falls is open pretty good. The little snow makes it easy this year to get some good photos for the website. From Birchdale to here is pretty tight yet. Today was pretty chilly, barely made 10 degrees. Tomorrow we rebound and looks like 50 by the weekend. I'll keep checking because it won't be long now!

Take Care

Gail smile.gif