Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crappeyeslayer

Getting on the lake?

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to make one more trip up this year! What will the shore look like as far as driving on after all of this warm weather? This weekend I dont think that there will be any problems but I would like to fish in the warmer weather that we are suposed to have next weekend! I just dont want to drive 4 hours only to not be able to get on the lake. Any input would help greatly!!!

5 degrees tonight and 10 degrees tomorrow night. This weekend is no problem getting out. The forecast for next Wed. is 44 with showers, Thursday is 54 with some showers. I'm hoping to keep the houses out until the end of the month but I'm starting to squirm a little. crazy.gif Beyond 2 feet of water we'll be fine. But how to get to 2 feet of water. confused.gif

Quote:

But how to get to 2 feet of water.
confused.gif

Duh?! Go FAST! grin.gif

Mabe you can start a boat service to get to the ice! grin.gifconfused.gif

Looks like Roger's website thinks he'll be shut down for trucks after this weekend (18th) and questionable for ATV's past the crack for even next weekend (24th). Any updates on the other access points would be appreciated.

Just talked to Todd at Morts Dock (also on the southshore, down from Rogers) and he said the conditions are good at Morts. The access and the roads are good and they are still open to all vehicle access and will continue to be as long as people are able to get out safely. He does have a bridge out on the pressure ridge which is in good shape now. We don't know what the wheather is going to do, and it's too far away to predict next weekend, but they are hoping to still have the access and roads in good shape to allow vehicles out next weekend...again, weather permitting. As for fishing, this weekend they had some anglers out hole hopping under 2 miles out and they were doing fairly good with the crappies.

Also talked to Westwind and they said their access and roads are in good shape and not going to close the access down to vehicle traffic now, and most anglers are fishing this side of the break. Our anglers out of Hillmans last night said travel was good. Again, as for next weekend...if you are heading up on Friday call the access owners on Thursday to see what the latest conditions are.