Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MLuna789

august fishing

6 posts in this topic

where is a good place to catch norherns and walleyes in early august on vermillion

Welcome to FM!

The Big Bay area is a very good area for walleyes in August.

There are also plenty of other secluded spots close by that hold plenty of walleyes and pike.

Cliff

ML,

If you want to get into the wallyes and northerns I would recomend Mr. Wagenbach as a guide. I have not personaly hired him but have heard very good things about him. He knows the lake very well as far as the walleyes go and will put you on the fish. I have a cabin on the lake and when I shoot the (Contact Us Please) with others his name always comes up. Hey Cliff with that endorsement do I get a free bevarage from you? Just kidding, hope to meet you some time. ML give him a call I am sure you will get your monies worth.

Muskieswen,

There is always a cool one in the cooler for you! grin.gif

Thanks !

Cliff

cant go wrong with cliff or us regular guides who are always doing it.....not a bad investment.we enjoy what we do

You generally don't get a lot of Pike while you are walleye fishing, especially on the east end.

The best Pike fishing is off the beaten path and you have to go fish for them specifically to get any real numbers, especially the larger fish.

The west end has better numbers of Pike, however the east end is known for large Pike and on some occasions very good numbers of fish over 35". In most cases, the trophy size Pike are found out in main basin areas however, you always have a shot at a big fish along the deep weed edges, points adjacent to weedy bays and rock and boulder flats around mainlake islands and saddle areas.

"Ace"