Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reel man

ice on fosters

4 posts in this topic

has anyone been on fosters the last day or so and how is the ice? Is it safe?

A guy went threw the other day i guess. My buddy said there was fishable ice all around him. But a guy walked out in almost the same tracks and went threw. I guess there is some open water on the north side also. so be careful.

Fished on Saturday and there was a good 15 inches of strong ice. There are 2 open areas from springs on the North side, so watch out for those. You actually walk in between them (Maybe 30 yards between them).

Buddy got a 21" 4.7 pounder (digital scale someone had) who went back after some unsuccessful attempts at some cell phone pictures. Taught me a lesson to always bring a camera. I guess they stocked it last Friday but it sounds like those were all pretty much taken that night. People on Saturday were bragging about how they slaughtered them. I wish they had better signage about the 3 fish with one over 16" limit.

I got checked there last time. The dnr said they have really picked up patrol on fosters this year. Wich was good to hear. The way he sounded the have had very few issues on that lake this year. To be honest I was shocked to hear that. Cause three years a go I saw a guy get caught being over limit. Plus about 10-12 people booggied off the ice while he was getting ticketed. I just figured they where over limit also or lacked license cause they made it up that hill in record time.