Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
river huntfish

IDA tullibee

9 posts in this topic

Hey, I've never fished for tullies on ida before. Anyone know if their biting yet? Hope to get up there soon and catch some. Where are the traditional spots to catch these fish?

Any info is great.

Haven't been out yet, but usually when the geese start showing up and all the snow is off is when I start.

101Winchester: Headed to Ida on Friday. Can I navigate with the 4 wheeler or should I bring the sled. Thanks for any info Bill

Just got a report from the south end, they are down there but not biting yet. Lakes extremely slushy, definately need knee high boots. Wheeler will work depending on how wet you want to get, maybe even hip boots?? Let me know how you do, I won't make it out until next week at the earliest. Have everything set up just got to juggle work schedules.

101Winchester: I will post results, I am primarily looking for sunnies and crappies. Weather is going to cool down starting Thursday, so hopefully that will firm things up just a bit. Bill

After your back could i get an ice report?

I'll be happy to post the report. Thinking of fishing Christoherson Bay, my sister has a cabin there so we will access right there and jump around the bay. Will post on Saturday morning. Bill

Fished Ida yesterday. Ice was very good, 28-30" virtually no snow cover left. I used the ATV but could have definitley gotten around with the Yukon. the bass were nuts yesterday, lots of fun on light tackle. Sunfish were small, and only a few crappies at sundown (730pm). Next weeks warm weather should kick things into gear, unfortunatley it will also start the down hill slide to open water. Good luck, stay safe and hang on. Bill

anybody catching tulibies yet?