Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobberboy

Weekend Report

2 posts in this topic

We had yet another great Perch fishing experience this past weekend. Great weather, great fishing and a great fish fry at the Gosh Dam Place, there is nothing better than fresh perch!

We fished out of Highbanks Resort and Kim was a great help in pointing us in the right direction. Both Kim and Rick are great hosts. Thanks much!

Saturday started off a bit shaky with the hard snow and a bad decision on my part to drive off road. It took the wife and I about an hour to shovel out the truck. I’m sure she we will continue to remind me to stay on the road. After the snow softened you could drive off road if you kept up your speed and steered clear of the drifts.

After the fiasco we finally found the trail leading to the Zoomers area. We noticed an area right off the trail that looked promising on the map so we thought we would try there. It was a break from 20 FOW down to 28 FOW and no one had fished it since the snow. I drilled about a half a dozen hole and we started to fish. We had 10 fish on the ice all over 9 inches and threw back just as about the same in the first 30 minutes. Things slowed a bit after that but we were on fish all day. We finished up the day with 30 fish over 9 inches and released a 20-inch walleye. We went back on Sunday morning and had another 25 over 9 inches by noon and I’ve got a picture of a pretty 27-inch Winnie walleye for my scrapbook.

All fish were caught on small fatheads on a plain hook or minnow heads on gold forage minnow with the green and red pattern. Most of the time the fish were tight to the bottom and would not chase. Limited jigging seemed to get the bigger fish. Most of the time we wouldn’t even see them on the locater.

Thanks again to all the folks in the Winnie area for another memorable experience.

"Your bobbers down!"

Thanks!! Glad to point you in the right direction for the JUMBOS!! Also, happy to hear you enjoyed your stay on Lake Winnie!! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!