• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How are the ice conditions usually holding around march 24? I'm mostly concerned with the shoreline ice. I'd like to have 1 last perch hurrah before the ice is completely gone.

Is the lake driveable with a jeep or truck, or is it snowmibile only? Any body been out??

Right now, I would suggest a snomobile if you have one. If you have good tires and ground clearance, a 4wd vehicle might be ok.

In the mille lacs forum somebody posted that in april when the mid lake still has ice they take a canoe out and fish for perch in the shallows, and they do quite well. Anyone do that on ottertail? I have NEVER considered that before, but upon hearing that am definitely contemplating it.

how is the snow/ice melt goin?? Are the lakes becomin more driveable?

Just got back from a recon mission on the snomobile. 4 x 4 trucks are driving, and the snow is soft. It is still pretty deep, but you should be able to get around.

I just talked to Garyat Kens Tackle he said he would not advise travel by vehicle today or tomorrow but prolly Sunday. Snowmobiles a must! If ya need bait he said hes open Friday Saturdays and some of sunday. not a plug just advice to plan by.. I myself hope to get out sat or sunday.. I hope!

I went to a small favorite lake this morning to see if a few panfish were around. They weren't!

I couldn't drive out so walked. Whew! What a chore. 200 yards out I thought I was going to die! Tough walking in this stuff. Lots of ice. I'm guessing around 3' easy.

Great morning to be out anyway.

No- No ATV mission until I get different tires. I don't need my stuck pictures splattered across the web again, LOL.

The trucks I saw yesterday were full size 4wd rigs. Snow depts looked to be about 8-10 inches.