Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Help -- good deal??? no names just thoughts

6 posts in this topic

I am kind of upset. I was looking at a 2005 sportfish with a 06 150 optimax.

The dealer I was talking to told me this hold over would save me $7,500 over the name 2007 model -- I called another dealer and I can get a 2007 for $4,500 more.

Is this a good deal?

How much should I expect on a good deal on a hold over?

Should I be upset that a guy "lied" or should I have expected that he was just trying to make the sale?

What should I expect to save on a carry-over? maybe I am wrong. crazy.gif

Hitman,

My boss is looking at buying a new ski boat. He has been talking to several marine dealers for a couple of months now trying ot make the right decision. He has noticed the longer he works with the guy the more the truth comes out. RIght now the Boat Market is Stagnate. I would guess you could probably weel and deal in the hold over, there can't be that much difference on them. that beeing said there is realistically no mark up on a boat cet for a slim profit margin. That is one reason why the new owner of University Motors quite selling boats. I doubt you will find much room to wiggle but maybe you can get them to hook you up with free tarp, fish finder etc.

any other thoughts on the deal?

What can a guy expect

hitman, are you trading in your old boat, keeping, or selling? I know someone who is looking for newer boat.

I think I have a buddy that wants it -- if he doesn't want it I will let you know.

Thanks

Hit

ok laugh.gif