Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bubbadust

Metro Crappie?

7 posts in this topic

I've never ice fished the metro area in my life and a coworker and I would like to try and find some crappies this weekend. Any recommendations in the south or western metro? I'm not looking for a meal, just some C&R entertainment.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Tonka and Waconia are going pretty good right now.

Lake Harriet has a pretty consistent dusk bite. Set up in 12-17' on the weedline. Glow jigs and wax worms/crappie minnows.

They don't come big, but they are usually willing to bite. The shortest walk out would be off the north shore or the southeast corner by the beach. Free parking on the street that loops around the lake.

DB

the craps are steady on Medicine Lake, they are decent metro craps. Bite at all the normal times, I've had luck at all hours. Free parking right on the beach 169 side, or the west side of the lake theres a small lot, nothing is plowed so the there will be a hike.

Stop in the bait store at the Lakeville Gander Saturday AM and see me. I can direct you to some of the lakes in the area.

Thanks for the responses. I will let you know how we do.

kslipsinker, I will try to stop by Gander. Do you work in the bait section?

I am in the bait store almost every morning that I am not fishing.