Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

installing bobber lights

7 posts in this topic

Picked myself up a set of bobber lights and I'm a little nerves about drilling a couple 4 1/4 inch holes in the side of the boat, has anyone put there own bobber lights on? or am I making myself nervous for no reason? I've drilled holes for install pumps and drains but nothing that needs that big of hole, it's the same just a bigger hole right? confused.gif

Remind me what a bobber light is.

Bobber lights light up the water along side the boat so its easier to net fish when out at night or early morning

My suggestion would be to contact the manufacturer. A hole that big might compromise the integrity of the hull under stressful operation. Isn't there a way you could rig a light on the gunwale???

Ahh,

I just use one of them small headlights, keeps the hands free and no gizmos to attach to the boat...

Hey Walli,

I agree, just get some "cat eyes"! They clip right onto the brim of your "lucky hat"...the one you are always wearin' in your pix while pullin' in hose HUGE eyes!!!

Breeze cool.gif

I have cats eyes I put on my hat, they work but I do alot of early morning fishing before the sun comes up and I just need more light on the side of the boat, these bobber lights have a option of a spot or flood and will light up the water like wrigley field so I won't have a problem getting em in the net. cool.gif