Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J48jake

Fur Buyers

11 posts in this topic

Anyone know of any fur buyers near milaca, mn. (about an 1hr and 10 mins north of the twin cities). I am looking for someplace that will accept unskinned animals.

Any help would be great.

Jake

(Note from Admin,Please read forum policy before posting again Thank-You )

Try and get a copy of the latest issue of The Trapper and Preadator Caller magazine. They will have a list of mobile fur buyers who go around to several communities.

Just curious, how much are yote pelts worth this year?

prime on the carcass $18-$20.

hey rooster where did u sell yours?

If you guys have good prime pelts, and are skinned. Don't give them away. A freind of mine sent his to the auction in Canada, and had an average of $58. for the Yotes, and $28. for the Fox. They are worth a lot more than $20. CAJ

I've found in the past that the mibile fur buyers that stop around at local communities generally stop around the end of December. I had a couple of furs to sell the end of January and did some serious calling around to all the places that I've sold furs to in past years as well as all the bait stores etc.... within 30 miles of St. Cloud and they all told me the buyer were done comming for the year. I was steared to Johnson's just south of Willmar. They were in my opinion very fair with exception to the one beaver I had to sell. Only got about 2/3's of what I felt it was worth.

What price difference between shot and trapped?

i sold mine at Melby fur

Quote:

What price difference between shot and trapped?

Depends how shot up it is. One shot to the head would be just fine but if the pelt is all shot up with bb's the pelt is pretty much worthless.