Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jiggemup

Forest lake bite PT 2

31 posts in this topic

Thought I'd start fresh. So it looks like an event is being planned on Forest the 10-11 weekend? Cleanup/fishing day? Saturday works for me. Pehaps a 2 day event? Hopefully getting out on the ice will be easier. OlMatty, when is the plastics clinic? Yesterday was not my day............

its will be more likely on saturday march 10. i hopefully the snow melt a little by then n hopefully some1 will plow the road to spot where we can fishin if not we might have to walk out or some1 can use wheelers/snowcats.. "plastic clinic" will be on march 10 too as well..

Sat works for me. I'm open to anytime?

hmmmmm, this looks like it could be fun.

what about between 1 to 2pm to dark?? fine with anybody else??

Works for me.

did some driving around forest lake lookin for plowed road. did find one plowed road out on forest lake its off the ideal ave by the hwy 97 i think thats where we shld meet. i will find out more tmw if thats plowed road goin to where we might fishin if not we might have to park on plowed road or if any1 have 4x4 vehicles you can park few yards from the plow road and walk to the spots or try to drivin to spot without get stuck... i will be out tmw tryin for some crappies hopefully they r still there if not i will do some hole hoppin till i find them.. hope i ll see some of you this saturady!!

Is this open to anyone? Was going to try So Center. I've never fished FL. Not familier with it at all. I was planning on heading out about 10am.

yep! anyone and everyone that is interested. Hopefully the snow depth drops a bit so we can get out there unless some one wants to plow a road out to the hole on second?!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

oh yes this is for everyone to fish togs n have fun! see you guys tmw!

Any suggestions for what bait I should bring?

waxies, eurolarves, crappies minnow and PLATICS! if u have some if not i can give u some to try..

Any specific color on the eurolarves?

All colors will work but red and yellow seem to be better then the rest. Pink plastics or yellow will do you proud as well. We need someone to plow an access out to second so if you have any means to get that done that would be great. I don't know if my wheeler is up to the task but if the temps keep up the way they have we shouldn't have too much of a problem. I'd bring crappie minnows, a few fatheads, euros and some waxies and I believe Matty will bring the plastics and show us a good way to fish them. I am hoping to get out there tomorrow to meet up with you guys!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Sounds good, If I can talk my buddy into going there(he's driving) we will be there by 11:30. Green Chev, Yellow sportsman 500 and voyagor fish house. Hopefully see you guys tomorrow. Thanks Keith

We'd be out about 1 p.m. but if you guys want to fish early that'd be cool. The bite is good on most of the lakes right around here right now for panfish but it'd be cool to meet up with some fellow fm'rs and be able to point you in the right direction. Hope to see you out there! We aren't the prostaff by any means but we like to fish and that is where it is at in my book!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Good luck folks! I wish I could be out there but I'm still working an overtime schedule. Good news is this is my last saturday of work for a while. Message to the ice......"DON'T MELT TOO FAST".

Was out today 1230 to 4pm there's plowed road to spot. U can use either ideal road or willow point. Once u get out of ideal road follow the road then turn left as for willow point stay on road and turn right into road.. For colors I had seen guy had success with red eurovlarves but any color shld be fine. For plastics I was successful with bright colors and blood red work pretty good for lures shld bring horitzonal, vertical jigs head size 10 to 12 shld be fine. Also small size spoon work pretty good they was hitting my spoon and its attract them too. It was slow for awhile till mayb 130 to 2pm they was hitting the plastics! I will be there 1230 to 1pm Shld be good bite tmw.. I wld recommend any1 to bring waterproof boots it will be warm out tmw.. See everyone tmw!

My wife and I made it out last night on 3rd lake. I drove out in my grand cherokee with no problems. As long as you have decent tires, you should be able to get around. Crappies were biting. Managed to sort through the little guys and find some nice keepers including a fat 11"er. On a sidenote, regarding the 2 perms left out on 3rd....I ran into a gentlemen trying to (unsuccessfully) remove one of them last night. Anyone know what fines/penalties the DNR has handed out in the past in situations like this? I'm just curious.

Was heading towards Chisago but is it ok of I join you at Forest. Was going to head out around noon but need to relicense on the way.

Everybody is welcome! Come on out and meet some other FMr's. I have to reliscense as well and will be leaving in a few minutes.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Crappies were cooperative but not much to write home about for size. Had a good time meeting some good guys out on a new lake for me. Cleaned a few but nothing over 8". I need a meal next Friday. Why do burgers sound good on Fridays during Lent?

it was nice to meet you guys.. me and turnevir was hole hoppin around edge of water alot of small fish so we decide to fish a shallower water we caught alot of crappies a lil bigger avgerage size than deep water crappies. alot of 7 to 9 inches ranges.. anyfishaldo if ur lookin for a fish meal i wld recommend you to go to chisago lake they have a lil bigger size than forest lake..

Thanks- every time I eas going to head over to see you guys I would get a bite. Before I knew it the sun was down and people were clearing out. Maybe another day before the ice is gone.

It sure was nice meeting you guys yesturday. That was my 1st time on Forest Lake. Mike if you are reading this join the group and sign up. I even have a name for you. Renter!!!!!!! Thanks again for a great day of fishing and friendship.