Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SGT

Camping/Open Water Day Trips, Alternative to Rogers

4 posts in this topic

I see from the Rogers site that they are going to only support their seasonal occupants for launching, etc. moving forward. I've grown partial to the south end at times during the early open water season and liked using Jerry's place. Does anyone have recommended alternatives, I've viewed this site's resort list for Red, but would like to hear others opinions for overnight stays, day trips, etc. this open water season. Thx!

Mort's is just west of Roger's. Goggle "Mort's Dock"

Morts has an excellent concrete ramp and a newer campground, Rogers was kind of out dated as far a electical and sewer hook ups, there showers were old and dirty and Morts are new. JR\\\'s and the other new place on No Name lane are both talking about puting in boat ramps. Rogers ramp will be missed but if you had a newer boat like mine with a high windshield getting under thier bridge most days was a problem.

Looking at the PRIM map it shows public access close to the resevation line, has anyone used that one?

The public access near the res line is an old one that is overgrown with brush and weeds. You need a jeep or an atv to get there and no way can you launch a boat bigger than a very small duck boat.

West Wind has a new RV campground with a protected habor, boat slips on new aluminun floating docks and boat launch into the harbor. They have on the water gasoline for your boat also.