Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Washington Clean up cancelled

11 posts in this topic

Due to all the snow we have received and the new snow coming I have decided to cancel this clean up. All the trash will be under the snow.

We will wait until a later date and re schedule again. Thanks to all those that had planned on helping.

will under stand let us know well be there

Good, I can probably make the next one. Heading to Mille Lacs perchin this weekend.

Please let me know as soon as you reschedule so I can try to pull together a dive team to do the area "ajoining" the landing.

Either Otter or myself will get another one going. With the snow depth it looks like having one this spring and fishing slab crappies might be the time.

We will get this planned as soon as Otter and I can talk.

Thanks for the interest.

Anyone up for some fishing yet? Will probibly still head out there since Fri and Sat will be a washout.

I was out there last week, and their wasn't much trash to be found, did pick-up alittle. I was accually impressed it wasn't worse.

Nice to hear good news like that. cool.gif Last year we picked up approx 11 bags of garbage at the Westwood landing alone. frown.gif

I still may venture out on Sunday afternoon.

It's great to hear of others doing clean-up on area lakes. smile.gif Every spring I like to carry some trash bags along with me in my tackle box. If everyone did this, we can all make a difference in keeping our lakes and rivers clean for everybody. smile.gif And if it is you making the mess, shame on you. frown.gif

I didn't see any trash today but then again, if there is any, I think most of it is buried. smirk.gif

I believe that every landing will be snow packed. Iam sure wasington has PLENTY of garbage at the Westwood landing. Last year ity was either 11 or 13 bags picked up.