Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DCF

geese

5 posts in this topic

saw a canadian honker today and heard about 3 snow geese in the area...is that weird or have they started migrating back??

I dont know if there are any local birds where you are located, but I was in Sartell (near st. cloud) this past weekend and I saw about five thousand mallards and at least a thousand canada geese. It was pretty hilarious watching those birds react to the snow on sunday morning! It definately gave me the itch watching them fly around again.

I did see alot geese but didnt see all them mallards that your talking about. Where in Sartell did you see them. I live in sauk rapids and there was probably fifteen hundred geese at my grandpas farm.

My parents live in town, but I saw them out off of CR133 west of town. There is a field west of 133 just after you cross cr4 where they have been feeding since I came home last around christmas. If you drive by that field in the late afternoon/evening you cant miss them. It might be different now after all of the snow.

The mallards are just thick on parts of the Sauk that are not frozen. Fun to watch this time of year!