Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Marcum Batterys????

3 posts in this topic

I have a marcum lx5 and I am heading out of town for the weekend. I don't think that I will be able to charge it at all. I have a vexilar battery here. Can I hook up the vexilar battery to the marcum if I run out of juice? I am pretty sure they are the same, if not really similar. I just want to be on the safe side.

Yes you can run the Vexilar battery in your Marcum . It's 12 volt and thats all that matters . I run a vexilar 9 amp 12 volt in mine all the time and keep the 7 amp Marcum battery as the spare .

TD

Yep, any "flasher" battery available from Cabelas, Fleet Farm, Gander, etc will work in the Marcum Flashers. I've been taking a number of 3 day trips this winter and my LX-3 is running out of juice at the beginning of the 3rd day usually.

I've got a couple spare batteries that I bring along but I also plan on getting a spare DCS system for one of the batteries. That will make it much easier for charging, knowing the charge, and swapping out the batteries. The DCS I have now is really stuck to my Marcum battery with some 3M double sided tape so swapping that isn't an option.